Install Redbox TV on Firestick or Fire TV Cube to Watch Live TV for Free
If you love to watch live TV on your FireStick and are looking for a decent-quality app with loads of content, Redbox TV is the app you would want to consider. This app brings to you a whole gamut of live TV channels from around the world. No matter the type of content you want to watch, you will have it all here including sports, news, movies, shows, kids, and whatnot. In this guide, I am going to show you how to install Redbox TV on FireStick. Stay tuned!
Redbox TV has a solid collection of live TV, satellite channels from many parts of the world. You can watch live TV in various languages as well. The good thing about this app is that it offers fluidity and ease of navigation on remote-controlled devices, such as your Amazon FireStick as well. Redbox TV is one of the best firestick apps for live TV
How to Install Redbox TV on FireStick?
What I am going to take you through is an incredibly easy way to install Redbox TV on FireStick. But, before we start, a small tweak in the security setting of FireStick will be required.
Go to FireStick home-screen > Settings > Device > Developer Options > enable Apps from Unknown Sources
This is to let FireStick install third-party apps like Redbox TV. With this taken care of, you are now all set to install Redbox TV on FireStick.
Download Redbox TV APK on Amazon Fire Stick
As you probably already know, FireStick runs on Android platform. And, apps on Android are installed using the APK file. If you are installing an app from Amazon Store, you don’t have to worry about the APK. But, when you side load a third-party app, you need to source its APK from an external server location.
Unlike the Android mobiles, FireStick doesn’t let you download APKs directly through the browsers. Hence, what you need is an additional tool that can connect to the server and download the APK.
In this guide, we will learn two methods to install Redbox TV on FireStick using two such tools:
- ES File Explorer
You can use any of the two methods you like. It is your choice.
Method1: Install Redbox TV on FireStick using Downloader
Downloader is one of the most widely used side-loading tools. Without any further ado, let’s get started. Follow the steps below:
1) Install the Downloader app from the Amazon Store (by looking it up in the search tool from the FireStick home-screen). I hope you have already installed Downloader app on your Fire Stick or Fire TV device. If you do not have the app installed, you can go through our guide and install Downloader app on Amazon Fire Stick
2) Now open the Downloader app and just make sure that you have selected the Home tab on the left.
3) On the right side, what you see is the field to enter the URL. Click inside this URL field so as to bring up the onscreen keyboard.
Enter the following URL
Hit Go button
4) You will now see that the Downloader app has automatically begun to download the Redbox TV APK file on FireStick.
5) The moment the file is downloaded, the app will initiate the installation process. Next thing you see on your TV is the following prompt.
Scroll down and navigate to the bottom left and click Install
6) FireStick will now install the Redbox TV app. Wait for App Installed notification/message to appear
7) Now, when you see the app installed notification, you can either click Done or Open.
Open opens the Redbox TV app instantly.
But, I recommend you click Done. This will allow you to go back to the Downloader app and delete the Redbox TV APK from FireStick. Once the app is installed, this file is not needed. Deleting will help you manage your FireStick storage better.
8) If you clicked Done above, you will see the following prompt on Downloader. Click Delete
9) Click Delete again
Well, this is how you install the Redbox TV app on FireStick using the Downloader app.
Method 2: Install Redbox TV on FireStick Using ES File Explorer
Let us now learn how to install this app using ES Explorer. Of course, you must have ES File Explorer on FireStick first. So, go ahead and select the search option from the home-screen and look up for the app to download it. If you are new to Firestick, read our detailed on how to install ES File Explorer on FireStick
Here are the steps to install Redbox TV now:
1) Open the ES File Explorer app and click the Tools menu on the left. When the Tools menu expands, click Download Manager
2) Now, on the bottom on the right you will see a menu bar with the +New option. Click this option to proceed. You can check the image below for any reference.
3) When the following dialogue box appears do the following:
- In Path enter the URL: <<URL>>
- In Name enter any name like Redbox TV
When you are done, click Download Now
4) ES File Explorer will thus begin to download the Redbox TV APK on your FireStick
5) When the APK is finally downloaded, the following popup appears. You need to click Open file
6) Now click Install button on the pop that shows within ES File Explorer
7) FireStick will now through the following prompt on your TV screen. Scroll down and then navigate to the bottom right and click the Install button
8) The installation of Redbox TV will now start.
9) When the following prompt is displayed with the App Installed message, you know that Redbox TV has been installed
10) Go ahead and click Open if you want to start the Redbox TV right away. If not, click Done.
That will be all.
How to Watch Live TV on Firestick With Redbox TV
You can always open the installed apps from the Your Apps & Channels section. Follow the steps below:
- Long press the Home key on your FireStick remote (for about 4-5 seconds)
- A new window will appear. Click Apps on that window to open Your Apps & Channels
- Navigate to the bottom of the list of the apps and click Redbox TV icon
As you may have noticed, the apps you have installed recently are not shown on the FireStick home-screen. If you want to access Redbox TV frequently, you would like it to be placed on the home-screen. Here is what you can do to move the app icon to the home-screen:
- In the Your Apps & Channels, select the Redbox TV app icon
- Press the menu button on your FireStick remote (it is the button on the right with three horizontal lines)
- Click Move on the popup menu that appears on the bottom right corner of your TV
- Keep pressing the top navigation key on your remote until the Redbox TV icon is in one of the top two rows.
- Click the Select key on the remote to drop Redbox TV at the desired spot
- Go back to FireStick home-screen and you will find the Redbox TV icon there.
Now you have learned how to install Redbox TV on FireStick using Downloader and ES File Explorer apps. Redbox TV is a decent app to watch live TV on your big TV screen through FireStick. You will find plenty of satellite channels here. I have used this app and am convinced that it has the potential to be a primary app for live TV. Let me know if you have questions, comments or feedback through the comments section below.