Exodus Kodi Addon | How to Install Exodus Latest version on Kodi 17.6/18 Leia
You must have heard plenty of times that the video addons are the lifeline of the very popular Kodi media player. I concur. Kodi wouldn’t be such popular if you couldn’t watch your favorite movies and shows online on it. And, that is made possible only through the video addons. In this guide, I will show you how to install the Exodus addon on Kodi Krypton 17.6.
Exodus is one of the Most Popular Kodi addons. There was a time when Exodus, along with Covenant, ruled Kodi. You will be surprised to know that lots of popular addons we use these are the fork of these two addons. Unfortunately, due to crackdowns on addons, Exodus had to be shut down. It remained offline for a while. It reappeared intermittently from time to time. That was the time when it began to lose its popularity. However, it seems that Exodus has made the final comeback and it is here to stay.
Exodus is an on-demand addon for Kodi that lets you watch movies and TV shows for free. It has just about movie and episode you could ask for. Since Exodus Kodi addon has been functional for a while, its movie and show titles have been updated with more working links than before. Even though many addons have emerged, Exodus continues to be one of the most sought-after. So, it only makes sense to install Exodus on Kodi.
Note: The installation methods I have demonstrated in this guide are applicable to Kodi on all its compatible devices, which would include Android Mobiles, Amazon FireStick, Android TV, Android Boxes, Windows PC, Mac OS, etc.
If you are a fire stick user, these guides may be useful.
Things to Know before we Install Exodus on Kodi
There are a couple of things you would want to know before you install Exodus Kodi addon.
Is Exodus Kodi Legal to use?
To be honest, the legality of any third-party addon that offers free content is always questionable. Exodus too may fetch you the content that can result in copyright infractions. However, Exodus Kodi addon itself is legal. This addon does not host any content of its own. It only fetches the links for movies and shows from multiple servers from around the world. In other words, it is just an aggregator.
To have peace of mind while using Exodus and to avoid any legal troubles, I recommend using a VPN service. VPN will mask the internet traffic from your device and keep your activities hidden from anyone who might be watching.
I am not encouraging you to watch pirated content. I only want to make sure your privacy remains intact. By using a VPN, you will remain anonymous on the web.
Configure Settings before installing Exodus on Kodi
The very first thing you need to do is enable Unknown Sources on Kodi to install the addons from the third-parties. Here is how you can enable unknown sources on Kodi.
1. Open Kodi on your Fire Stick, PC or any other device. [Here, we are using Kodi on Fire Stick]
2. Go to Settings option
3. In settings, select system settings option
4. In system settings, you will see Addons option in the left side panel. Click that option.
5. When you click Addons, you will see Unknown Sources option there. If it is disabled, you need to enable it.
6. Click the toggle there to enable Unknown Sources on Kodi.
Now, you have configured your Kodi on Firestick to install your favorite add-ons. In this post, we will about Exodus installation only. For other addons, we have separate guides. Check out How to Install Neptune Rising on Kodi
How to Install Exodus Kodi Addon
Exodus addon is available in the Lazy Kodi repository. The source of this repository is online for the most part. Therefore, it will be our primary method of installation. But, we will also look at the Kodi Bae direct zip file download method too, just in case Lazy Kodi is temporarily down or something. Let’s get started.
Install Exodus From Lazy Kodi
Here are the steps to install Exodus Kodi addon using he Lazy Kodi repository:
- Run Kodi and click Settings menu. It is the icon on the top-left that looks like a gear or cog
- Click File Manager
- Click and open Add source, which will open a new window
- On this new window you will see the <None> option (check the image). Click this option.
- In the space above enter the following URL: http://lazykodi.com/ and click OK. It is important that you type in the URL exactly as shown
- Now highlight the filed where it says Enter the name for this media source and enter the name of the source you added above. You may add any name you like with which you wish to identify the source later. I am going ahead with lazykodi
Your Kodi screen should look like as in the image below
- Now, go ahead and go back to the Kodi home-screen. There, you will find Add-ons on the left. Click it.
- You will find the Package Installer option on the top-left corner of the next Kodi screen (I am talking about the open box icon. See the image for clarity)
Click and open this option
- Now open Install from zip file
- Click lazykodi or the source name you added previously
- Click ZIPS
- Click the zip file KODIBAE.zip
- Allow Kodi about a minute to show the notification saying Kodi Bae repository was installed. The notification appears on the top-right corner
- Stay on the same window and click Install from repository (we are now going to install the Exodus Addon from the Kodi Bae repo)
- Click Kodi Bae Repository
- Click Exodus
- Click Install
- Kodi will thus start installing Kodi Exodus addon. You will see a bunch of notifications appearing on the top-right corner. Wait until you see the following notification confirming that Exodus Addon was installed
- And, that is how you install Exodus on Kodi
Head back to the Kodi homescreen and from there navigate to Add-ons > Video addons
That’s the place where you will find the Kodi Exodus addon icon. Click the icon and start watching your favorite movies, episodes and more
Following are the categories on the main-screen of Exodus Kodi addon. As you can see, there is Movies, TV Shows, New Movies, New Shows etc.
My Movies and My TV Shows is the section where you will find the movies and shows you have favorited
Install Exodus From Kodi Bae Repository
You must have noticed that the Lazy Kodi source also installed the Kodi Bae Repository from where we eventually installed the Exodus Kodi addon. So, how is this method any different.
Yes, we are going to install Exodus from the same repository. However, instead of installing the repository from a URL, you will install the Exodus addon directly from the zip file.
Here is what you need to do:
- Open the following link in your web browser and download the Kodi Bae Zip file: https://github.com/kodibae/repository.kodibae/raw/master/plugin.video.exodus/plugin.video.exodus-5.0.0.zip
Note: If you want to install Exodus on FireStick using this method, open the link in a FireStick compatible browser (such as Silk Browser) or the built-in browser in the Downloader app
- Run Kodi
- Click Add-ons
- Click Package Installer
- Click Install from zip file
- Navigate to the Zip file you just downloaded, which is now saved on your device storage
- Click the zip file
- Wait for the addon installed notification
That will be all.
How to Update Exodus on Kodi
The latest version is Exodus 6.0.0.It is important to keep the addons up to date. New updates add more content to the addon. But, that is not all. The updates also offer improvements and often fix the bugs too. Exodus is set to auto-update by default. But, sometimes this addon doesn’t updated on its own. So, here is how you can update the Exodus Kodi addon manually:
- From the home screen of Kodi, head to Add-ons > My add-ons
- Inside My add-ons you will find all your addon categories as you see in the image below. Click Video add-ons
- Now click Exodus
- Click the Update button
- Select the latest version when the following popup window appears. If you have multiple repositories hosting Exodus Kodi addon, you will see them all here. Of course, pick the repository which has the latest version
- You will see the Exodus Add-on Updated notification on the top-right corner of the screen
How to Uninstall Exodus on Kodi
Exodus is one of the oldest and most popular Kodi addons. However, over the years, several forks of Exodus Kodi addon have been released, which apparently offer better service and quality. Exodus is a lightweight addon and I don’t mind keeping it, even when I have other addons. In fact, I visit Exodus from time to time. But, if you have too many addons and you are cleaning the house, you may want to uninstall Exodus. Here is how you can do that:
- Navigate to Add-ons > My addons from the Kodi home screen and click Video add-ons
- Click and open Exodus
- Click Uninstall (the button on the bottom right)
What to do if Exodus is not working on Kodi
If Exodus is your favorite Kodi addon, you will want it to stay up and running all the time. Sadly, that’s not always the case. Exodus, just like many other Kodi addons, doesn’t promise availability all the time.
If Exodus is not working, and there is a server issue, there is nothing we can do about it. You will need to wait for it to be back online. Unfortunately, server issues are not uncommon with addons. However, if you think the problem is local and not related to the server, here are some fixes you can try.
Restart Your Device
This is the most basic troubleshooting step, but it can work wonders. Simply reboot the device on which you are using Exodus on Kodi. Once it has restarted, reopen Kodi and try to use Exodus again. Hopefully it will fix the problem
If Exodus is still not working, I would recommend first uninstalling and then reinstalling it. You can follow the steps I have provided in this guide to uninstall and install Exodus Kodi addon. A lot of times, reinstalling the addon refreshes the related files and gets the addon running again.
Are You Connected to Internet?
Yes, I know, this question seems rather unnecessary. But, when you are troubleshooting, you want to make sure you have taken care of the basics. So, confirm if your device is connected to the internet.
In this article, we learned just about everything we need to know about Exodus Kodi addon. You can install this addon from the Kodi Bae repository presently using either the source URL or the Zip File. Exodus is an extremely popular addon and despite the release of many new addons, hundreds of thousands of Kodi users continue to look for it. I hope you found this guide useful. I have tried to cover everything I possibly could. If I missed something or if there is more you would want to know, please feel free to type in your comment below. I will be happy to reply.