Download Kodi APK | Install Kodi 18 Leia APK on FireStick
Kodi APK is a free and open-source media tool. In fact, it is essentially a media player that can play the media from your local storage or from the Internet. Kodi became incredibly popular because it allowed you to watch movies and shows over the internet for free. This app supports hundreds of media addons that fetch content sources from around the world. Live TV or Sports, Movies or TV Shows, News or Kids programs, Kodi leaves nothing out.
In the beginning, Kodi was a recluse app confined to the Xbox platform. It was even called Xbox Media Center (XBMC) during its initial days. But, eventually, Kodi spread its wings and came up with apps for Android, Windows PC, TV Boxes, FireStick and more. In this guide, we will learn more about installing Kodi on Android devices. We will also briefly touch upon Kodi on FireStick. So, stay tuned!
Kodi APK App Features:
Kodi is the favorite media player of millions worldwide and there are plenty of reasons why. Here are some of the top features of Kodi media player:
- Kodi is free
- Kodi has a unique, yet simple interface allowing ease of use
- This app lets you watch movies, shows and various types of contents for free
- Kodi needs addons to give you access to free content. Since it is an open-source platform, there are hundreds of Free Kodi addons for all sorts of content you want to watch
- Kodi addons are easy to install and configure.
- Kodi is even available through the official app stores on some platforms, such as Android and Windows. Where it is not featured in the app stores, you can always sideload by downloading the installer file from here.
If you don’t know side loading on Firestick, you can go through our easy guide on how to side load apps on Amazon Fire Tv
Download And Install Kodi APK on FireStick
Amazon FireStick runs on the Android platform modified for larger screens of TV. Even though Amazon Store does not support Kodi, you can always sideload the Kodi APK for FireStick. You can do that with the help of apps like ES File Explorer or Downloader. We have a separate guide that covers the step by step installation process of Kodi on FireStick.
Kodi has also released the beta version of its upcoming Kodi 18 Leia. While it is not released officially yet, you may still install Kodi 18 APK on FireStick. Click HERE for our Kodi 18 guide.
Download & Install Kodi APK on Android
You can download Kodi APK on Android from the Google Play Store. Yes! Kodi Krypton 17.6 is officially available on Android mobiles and tablets. This also means you don’t need any side-loading method or workaround to install Kodi APK on Android. Here is how you can get it:
- Open Google Play Store on your Android device
- Look up for Kodi or go to this page
- Click Install to start the installation
- You can run the app from the Android home-screen or the device App Drawer
That is how you install Kodi Krypton, the last official release of Kodi, on your Android. But, what if you wanted to install Kodi 18 Leia APK? As Leia isn’t officially released, you will need to sideload it on your device. It is pretty easy though. Here are the steps:
How to Install Kodi 18 Leia APK on Android
- From the device, home-screen go to Settings > Security
- Switch ON Unknown Sources
- Go back to home screen and open a web browser
- Access THIS LINK in the browser
- Download the Kodi 18 APK onto your device
- Now open any file manager app on Android and go to the Download folder
- Run the Kodi 18 APK that you just downloaded
- Grant all the permissions when prompted to allow Android to install Kodi 18
This is how you can quickly side load Kodi 18 on your Android device. Please note that Kodi 18 is still in the development stage and hence it is likely to be unstable. Also, when you install Kodi 18 on a device which already has Kodi Krypton, the older version is overwritten. You may also lose Kodi data. We suggest you to know how to jailbreak firestick.
Kodi is one awesome media player. It instantly converts any device into a media center. Integrate a video addon to Kodi and you can watch movies and shows online for free. If you want Kodi 18 APK latest version, you can download it from the link we have provided. Kodi APK for Amazon FireStick is the same as Kodi APK for Android. But, Kodi 17.6 is officially listed in Google Play Store.