How to Install & Set Up Real Debrid on Kodi Krypton 17.6 and Leia 18
Real Debrid on Kodi: I use Kodi because I love the simplicity with which it brings almost unlimited content to me on my mobile, TV and even computer. All you need to do is find one of the best Kodi addons and start watching your favorite movies and shows. Kodi will scrape the video links from hundreds of servers from all around the world. There is no shortage of content and the addons that bring the content to you.
But, do you know, you can enhance your entertainment experience on Kodi manifolds with Real Debrid? Real Debrid is a multi-hoster, probably the best out there. This Kodi utility is known to add dozens of new video links to the movie or episode you want to watch. The problem with addons is that they give you many video links but so many of them do not work. With Real-Debrid integrated to Kodi, this issue is taken care of to a great extent. You get many new quality and premium links.
The other challenge with most addons is that the HD links they fetch is either severely limited in number or of poor quality. Real-Debrid premium service gives you lots of new full HD links and many 4K links as well. Real Debrid also increases the download speed and makes sure you do not experience any buffering issues while playing the high resolution content.
In this guide, I will show you how to sign up for the Real Debrid services, how to set it up on Kodi, and how to enable it within an addon. Keep reading!
How to Sign Up for Real Debrid Service
To configure Real Debrid and set it up on Kodi, you will need to sign up for the Real Debrid account. I will first show you how to create a Real Debrid account. Later, I will demonstrate how to set it up on Kodi.
- Access the Real Debrid official website https://real-debrid.com/ on any web browser of your choice (computer or mobile).
Click the Sign Up button
- When the Sign Up form is displayed, enter the personal information to create the account (see the image below)
Once you have provided the details, click Sign Up for free button on the bottom of the form
- You will now need to validate the email address you entered in the Sign Up form. This is required to activate your Real-Debrid account.
For that, log in to your email account and open the email you received from Real Debrid. Click the link in the email to validate.
The email from Real Debrid with the link will look like this:
- Once your account is activated, you will see the following notification page saying that your account has been activated
- Go back to the Real Debrid main page at https://real-debrid.com/ and click the Login button.
Log in with the login credentials you created while signing up (username/email address and password)
This is how your you sign up for the Real-Debrid services. Real Debrid is a premium service. Before we learn how to set up Kodi with Real Debrid, you will want to know the different between its free and premium account. Let’s take a quick look at it.
Limitations of Real Debrid Free Trial?
Real Debrid lets you create a free account and you must have already figured that it offers limited services as compared to the premium account.
The free Real Debrid services are available only during the Happy Hours. The happy hours start at 5AM in the morning and end at 11AM (all times in GMT)
But, remember that even during the free hours, the free members do not have access to all the premium Real Debrid hosters. You may see only a bunch of additional HD links.
If you want to exploit Real Debrid to its full potential, you will want a Premium account. Let’s talk about it now.
Real Debrid Premium Services & Pricing
There are plenty of benefits of having a paid Real Debrid account. You get round the clock service with all the Premium Hosters online. Hundreds of premium links are available with the paid account. You don’t have to wait for the happy hours.
With premium account, you also get up to 300 Mbps of download speed (provided your internet connection supports it). Then there is unlimited traffic, parallel downloads, and a completely ad-free experience.
As of writing this guide, Real Debrid offers 4 price plans as follows:
- 3 Euros (roughly USD 3.75) for 15 Days
- 4 Euros (roughly USD 5.00) for 30 Days
- 9 Euros (roughly USD 11.00) for 90 Days (featured plan on Real Debrid website)
- 16 Euros (roughly USD 19.75) for 180 Days
As you can see in the image below, each plan also offers certain Fidelity Points. The costlier the plan, the more Fidelity Points it carries. Fidelity points accumulate with every purchase. When you have collected 1000 points, you can 30 days of premium Real Debrid service free.
For instance, the 30 Day plan has 200 fidelity points. If you buy this plan 5 times, you will have accumulated 1000 points. This means you will enjoy 30 days of premium service.
Real Debrid offers multiple payment methods including Credit Card, Amazon Pay, BitCoin, paypal etc.
How to Set Up Real Debrid on Kodi 17.6 Krypton
Now that you have created a Real Debrid account, I am going to show you how to set it up on Kodi Krypton 17.6.
Regardless the device/platform on which you are using Kodi, the procedure is applicable to all, including Amazon Fire TV or FireStick, mobiles, computers and more.
Here are the steps:
- Click the option Settings on the homescreen/main screen of Kodi after opening the app
- Next, open the option System Settings
- On the bottom left, you should see a cog icon (check the image below). The default setting is Basic. Keep clicking until it changes to Advanced.
- Now, on the left click Add-ons
- Click Manage Dependencies on the right
- Scroll down all the way to the bottom and click URLResolver. In some cases, you won’t see URLResolver. If that’s the case, click ResolveURL instead
If you don’t see any of the two options, you will first need to install a supported addon on Kodi. Most video addons (example Covenant, Exodus, Neptune Rising etc) install URLResolver as an additional service.
Go ahead and install one of these addons first and follow the steps again. Here are our installation guides:
- Install Exodus
- Neptune Rising
- Now, go ahead and click Configure button
- On the Settings window, click Universal Resolvers on the left
- Now, scroll down to the Real-Debrid section on the right and click Priority
- Erase the default value of 100 and enter 90 in its place using the onscreen numeric keypad.
Note: 90 is the priority value to be used or Real-Debrid won’t work
- You will be back on the Settings window. Click OK to set the priority value to 90
- Now, click Configure again
- Again click Universal Resolvers on the left
- One more time scroll down to the Real-Debrid section and click (Re)Authorize My Account
- You will now see a pop-up with an alphanumeric code. The code will expire in 120 seconds.
- Quickly open https://real-debrid.com/device in a browser and if you are not already logged in to Real Debrid log in with your Real Debrid login credentials that you created while signing up for the Real-Debrid account
Note: Since the code lasts only for 120 seconds, it would be a good idea to log in to Real Debrid first before generating the code (which you do by clicking (Re)Authorize My account)
Enter the code and click Continue
- If you are authorizing Kodi for the first time on the device on which you are using it, you may be asked for a permission after you click Continue in the step above Go ahead and allow the authorization. Once that’s done, you will see the following message
- Go back to Kodi and you will see the notification on the top-right that Real-Debrid Resolver Authorized
This is how you set up Real-Debrid on Kodi Krypton 17.6
How to Set Up Real Debrid on Kodi 18 Leia
Kodi Leia is an upcoming major version of Kodi. This version is yet not released officially. But, you can download the trial/test, alpha version from the Kodi.tv website. Here is the detailed guide on How to Install Kodi 18
Since Kodi Leia is still under development, it may not be completely stable. It has been released so that the developers can test its performance and fix the bugs before the official release.
Many have already started using Kodi Leia and if you are one of them, you would like to know how to set up Real Debrid on it. I will show you how.
The process of setting up Real Debrid on Kodi 18 is almost exactly the same as Kodi 17.6, with only one navigational difference. You need to have a Real Debrid account, you must have URLResolver preinstalled, and you must authorize Real Debrid.
Simply follow the process for Kodi 17.6 I have provided above step by step. The only difference is that in Step 2, instead of clicking System Settings, you need to click System. Rest everything else remains the same.
Here are the quick steps:
- Open Settings and next click System
- Click the Cog icon on the bottom left multiple times until you see Advanced
- Click Add-on
- Hit on Manage Dependencies
- Open URLResolver
- Click Configure
- Select Universal Resolvers
- Scroll down and click Priority in the Real-Debrid section
- Change the priority value to 90 and click Done
- Click OK
- Click Configure again select Universal Resolvers.
- Scroll down to Real-Debrid and click (RE)Authorize My Account
- Note down the code displayed on the screen
- Open https://real-debrid.com/device in a web browser and enter the code
- Click Continue
How to Use Real Debrid on Kodi
For Real Debrid to work, it must be supported by the addon you are using it with. The good news is that most of the popular addons these days come pre-configured with Real Debrid. This means you don’t need to do anything special or additional to get the Real Debrid links for movies or TV shows.
With Real Debrid set up, especially if you have a premium account, you will see a dramatic difference in both the quality and quantity of the links.
Most addons come with Real Debrid pre-enabled. However, in some addons you need to enable it manually. Steps are given below:
How to Enable Real Debrid Manually (If Not Enabled Automatically)
Please note that enabling Real Debrid within a particular addon is different from Authorizing Real Debrid (which we did earlier) on Kodi. Even after authorization, you will need to follow the below steps to enable it inside that addon.
- Neptune Rising addon doesn’t come with the Debrid enabled by default. So, I will take this addon as an example. Install Neptune Rising and open it on Kodi:
- Click Tools
- tap on Providers
- Click Providers again on the left when the new window pops. Select Enable Debrid Providers and turn it ON
If you don’t see the Real Debrid links, always check whether the addon has it enabled or not.
In this guide, I have tried to cover pretty much everything you need to know about Real Debrid. First, you need to sign up for a Real Debrid account. It is best to buy the premium service for higher quality and faster links. Second, Real Debrid must be set up on Kodi within the URLResolver. Third, if the addon you are using doesn’t have Debrid auto-enabled, you need to enable it manually. Once everything is set up, you will notice a significant difference in the number of video links. Not only that, you will experience a noticeable difference in the playback speed.