How to Install ES File Explorer on FireStick, Fire Tv & Fire Cube
In this particular post, we are going to learn how to install ES File Explorer on FireStick. FireStick is one awesome media device that plugs into your TV and lets you watch movies and shows online on the big screen. Backed by Amazon App Store, this little gadget gives you access to a healthy collection of all kinds of apps such as Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu, and dozens of utility tools. But, sometimes, Amazon Store isn’t enough. You want to install third-party apps like Kodi that have not made it to the Amazon Store.
To side load any app on FireStick, you need a tool that lets you download the APK files from the online sources. That’s where ES File Explorer comes into picture. This app allows you to download the APK files and install them on your FireStick. ES File Explorer has remained as one of my FireStick essentials for a long time alongside Downloader.
ES File Explorer isn’t just a side loading app though. It is a complete file management utility that also doubles as a very effective side loader. ES File Explorer is supported on all kinds of Android platforms such as Android mobiles, Android tablets, Android TV, Android TV Boxes, FireStick and more.
Download & Install ES File Explorer on Firestick
ES File Explorer is super easy to install. This incredibly popular app is available through almost all the popular app stores including Amazon Store. So, let us see how you can get it on FireStick from the Amazon Store. Here are the steps:
- 1Plug in your FireStick to the TV and turn it on. When the home-screen shows up, look in the left corner and you will see a small lens icon. That’s the search option you want to select using your FireStick remote
- 2Now, you want to look up for the ES File Explorer app by typing it using the onscreen keypad. Though, there is no need to type in the name of the app completely. After having typed in the first few letters, you will see the ES File Explorer in the search results (see the image below). Go ahead and click the app name in the search results.
- 3On the next screen you will see ES File Explorer icon. Click it! Check the image below for reference.
- 4When you click on ES File Explorer image, you will see Download option in the next screen. Click on it to start Downloading ES File Explorer on FireStick
- 5The download will start immediately. It will take some time to finish the process. It depends on your internet connection speed. You can check download progress on the screen.
- 6When FireStick has installed the app, you should see the ‘Open’ icon in place of ‘Download’ option. When you click Open, ES File Explorer launches right away. If you don’t want to open the app immediately, you may go back to the home-screen and open it from Your Apps & Channels
Your Apps & Channels is the section where you see the list of all your installed (and cloud stored) apps. To get to this section, hold down the Home button/key on your physical remote for approximately 5 seconds. You should see the following window with a bunch of options. Open ‘Apps’ and it will take you to Your Apps & Channels.
The apps you have recently installed appear around the bottom of the Apps list. Navigate to ES File Explorer using your remote and open it whenever you need it.
In case you want to make the app appear on the home-screen, select the app icon and press the menu button on the remote (button 3 horizontal lines on the right). A small popup appears on the right corner on your TV. Click Move and then drag and drop the ES File Explorer app icon somewhere in the first or second row. This will place the app on the FireStick homescreen for quick access.
Well, that’s exactly how you download and install the ES File Explorer on FireStick.
ES File Explorer on Firestick is another extremely popular side-loading app for Fire Stick. I say ‘another’ because I also used Downloader app very frequently. But, Downloader may not be available in all the regions while ES File Explorer is. It is good to have both the apps, especially because you can use ES File Explorer beyond your side-loading needs. After all, it is also a file manager app. This guide shows you how to get ES File Explorer on FireStick. Let us know if you have any questions or feedback.