Ares Wizard Download – How to Install Ares Wizard 2018 on Kodi 18 Leia & Krypton 17.6
Ares Wizard was once the most popular maintenance addon for Kodi. But, it seems it fell victim to the crackdowns that were carried out not very long ago. As a result, Ares Wizard Kodi addon had to be shut down. This Wizard remained out of the picture for a while, but it was later revived and is now back up and running. The current version of Ares Wizard only has the Maintenance tools. It has disabled the Builds and Addons section.
The maintenance features are good enough to make Ares Wizard a must have addon for Kodi. Whether you want to keep your Kodi clean of clutter or back up your Kodi data, Ares Wizard will do it all for you. In this guide, you will learn just about everything you need to know about Ares Wizard. You will also learn to install this addon on Kodi Leia and Kodi Krypton.
The installation methods provided in this guide will work on Android Mobiles, Tablets, Windows PC, Mac OS, Android TVs and TV Boxes, Amazon FireStick and all the platforms that support Kodi.
How is Ares Wizard Useful?
Ares Wizard is a maintenance addon with many tools and utility features. This tool can come handy in many ways.
1. To access Ares Wizard, go to Add-ons > Program Addons and open Ares Wizard. This is how the home screen of Ares Wizard looks like
As you can see, there are tabs for Maintenance, Backup, Tweaks, More, and Settings. You may have also noticed that the Browse Builds and Browse Addons tabs are currently disabled. Ares Wizard does not host builds and addons presently.
In the Maintenance tab, you can clear unnecessary Kodi data that may be eating up storage space. You can delete thumbnails, packages and cache and temp files.
If you want to back up your Kodi data, click the Backup tab and you will see the available options. This tab is also used to restore the data backed up using Ares Wizard. You may take the full system backup or select the data individually, including Addons, Addon Data, Favorites, GUI Settings, Sources, etc.
The Tweaks tab lets you allocate more space or reduce the space for Video Cache. Kodi allocates a default size for the Video Cache. But, if you want to speed up video buffering, you may customize the size.
Click More tab and you will see a bunch of additional options. This is also the section from where you can reset Kodi to default and have a fresh start. Resetting Kodi is a good alternative to uninstalling and reinstalling it. It saves you some time. When you reset Kodi, all your Kodi data will be erased except the Ares Wizard addon, which will be retained.
So, that’s pretty much it about Ares Wizard and its use. Let us now learn how to install Ares Wizard on Kodi.
Configure Kodi Settings to Install Ares Wizard
Before you can install Ares Wizard, you will need to make a small change to the security setting of Kodi. This applies to both Kodi 18 and Kodi 17.6. You need to enable the setting called Unknown Sources. The steps are given below:
- On the Kodi home screen click Settings
- Kodi Krypton 17.6 users click System Settings on the next screen. Kodi Leia 18 users will click System
- Select Add-ons on the left and drag the toggle of Unknown Sources on the right to turn it ON
- You will be prompted with a warning. Go ahead and click Yes
The warning message above seems a bit discouraging. It is true you should be wary of the malicious addons that tend to harm your device. But, addons like Ares Wizard have been around for a long time. You don’t have to worry about them. They are safe. In fact, I have been using Ares Wizard for a very long time. I have never experienced any troubles.
With Unknown Sources enable, your Kodi is ready to install Ares Wizard addon.
How to Install Ares Wizard on Kodi 18
The method to install Ares Wizard on Kodi Leia and Kodi Krypton is pretty much the same, with only minor differences in navigation. However, I will provide the step by step guide for both these versions separately so as to avoid any confusion. Do you have Kodi 18 on your device? If not, read our guide on How to Download Kodi 18
Here is how you can install Ares Wizard 2018 on Kodi Leia 18:
- When you launch Kodi 18, click Settings on the home-screen, which is the cog icon on the left top
- Click File manager on the next window as you see it below
- Click and open the option Add source next
- Go ahead and click <None> the option in the middle of the next screen
- A new window appears. Type in the URL of the source from where Ares Wizard on Kodi will be installed: http://lazykodi.com/
After entering the URL, press OK
- Now enter the name of the source you provided in the filed that is marked as Enter a name for this media source.
You may add any name of your liking. I am entering lazykodi
- Now return to the homescreen of Kodi 18 and open the Settings again. When in Settings click Add-ons
- Now you want to click Install from zip file
- What you see next is a list of sources and directories. Go ahead and click lazykodi or whatever name you entered earlier in the 6th step
- Click the option REPOSITORIES
- Click and open ANDROIDABA
- Open the option repository
- Scroll down and locate and click the file named repository.kodil-1.3.zip.
As you see, the version number of this file is 1.3. If it is different, it means the file has been updated. Just open the file with the new version.
- Wait for the notification that says ..Kodil Repository Add-on installed. This notification will be displayed on the upper right corner
- Now, on the same screen, click to open Install from repository
- Open the ..Kodil Repository that you just installed
- Go ahead and click Program Add-ons
- Find and click Ares Wizard
- Click Install button
- A popup will appear with the list of the additional addons that will be installed with Ares Wizard. Click OK
- Now all you got to do is wait for the Ares Wizard Add-on Installed notification. It may take a few minutes though. So, be patient.
Ares Wizard Download and installation is now successful on Kodi Leia 18.
How to Install Ares Wizard on Kodi 17.6
As I told you, installing Ares Wizard on Kodi Krypton isn’t a lot different from Kodi Leia. But, for the sake of complete clarity, I am laying out the steps independently. Here is how it goes:
If you want the latest version of Kodi on your device, read our step by step tutorial on how to Update Kodi 17.6 to Kodi 18
- Run Kodi on your device and when you are on the home-screen, click the Settings option on the upper left
- Select the File manager option
- Go ahead and click Add source
- Click <None>
- You will now see a URL field and the onscreen keyboard. Go ahead and enter the URL http://lazykodi.com/ and click OK
- Enter the name of the source. It doesn’t have to be anything in particular. It could be any name of your liking. However, it is best to make it relevant so that it can be identified in one of the steps later. Therefore, I will enter the name lazykodi
- Press the back or escape keys and come back to the homescreen of Kodi. From the homescreen select Add-ons
- There is a Package Installer icon on the top-left. Go ahead and click it.
- Now click Install from zip file
- Open the lazykodi source name that you added earlier by clicking it once
- Now open the REPOSITORIES menu
- Click and open ANDROIDABA
- Next, open the option repository
- Scroll down all the way until you see the file repository.kodil-1.3.zip.
If the file number has changed from 1.3 to say, 1.4 or 1.5, don’t worry about it. Still go ahead and click the file.
- Wait for nearly a minute until you see the Kodil Repository installed notification.
You have installed the Kodil Repository. We will use this repository now to install the Ares Wizard
- Click the option Install from repository
- Open the ..Kodil Repository
- Scroll down and open Program Add-ons
- Click Ares Wizard
- Click Install
- It will take about 2-3 minutes to install the Ares Wizard. So, wait until you see the Add-on installed notification.
Alright! You have finally installed the Ares Wizard on your Kodi Krypton 17.6.
Go ahead and open it from Homescreen > Add-ons > Program Add-ons
[Fix*] Ares Wizard is Not working
Ares Wizard is one of the most widely used maintenance and utility tools on Kodi. If for some reason you run into Ares Wizard not working, you may try some basic troubleshooting. In most cases, one of the following solutions will fix the problem:
- If you are not able to open the Ares Wizard from Program Addons, try to shut down Kodi and reopen it. Rebooting Kodi often refreshes the addons and gets them running again.
- You will want to make sure you have the latest version of Ares Wizard. For this, you may need to update this addon. Even though Ares Wizard is set to update automatically, sometimes it does not update on its own. You can go to Add-ons > My add-ons > Ares Wizard and click the Update If any new updates are available, your addon will be updated
- If Ares Wizard is not working, sometimes it is best to uninstall this addon and install it again. To uninstall this addon go to Add-ons > My add-ons > Ares Wizard and click the Uninstall And, to install Ares Wizard again, you can follow this guide.
What is Ares Wizard Repo New URL?
For the longest time, the primary source URL for Ares Wizard had been http://ares-repo.eu/.
But, for some reason, the Kodi users are no longer able to install Ares Wizard from this source. It seems one or more files are missing at the source location. I say that because when I try to install Ares Wizard on Kodi from this source, it doesn’t say that the source is missing. Only at the last step when I click the Install button it notifies (after several minutes) that Ares Wizard could not be installed.
This was the direct source for the Ares Wizard. Since it is not working, many users have begun to believe that Ares Wizard is no longer available.
The Wizard did disappear for a while, but now you can install it from the new Lazy Kodi source I have provided above: http://lazykodi.com/
It is more of a workaround as you first need to install the Kodil Repository and from there you fetch the Ares Wizard.
If the former source (http://ares-repo.eu/) is online again, I will update this guide. Up until then, you may continue using the Lazy Kodi source from the new Ares Wizard URL.
Ares Wizard is a popular maintenance tool. This tool lets you keep your Kodi in good health. You can perform general maintenance tasks and delete cache. You can even reset Kodi to default. Ares Wizard has many more diagnostic tools that come handy every now and then. It is one of the must have Kodi addons. I have tried to cover every important thing related to Ares Wizard. If I missed something or if there is more you want to know, feel free to let us know. The comments section is down below.